TCEP (Tris (2-Carboxyethyl) phosphine Hydrochloride) is an odorless reducing agent suitable for protein applications and in the preparation for electrophoresis. TCEP is water soluble, is stable in a variety of solutions and is particularly useful in the labeling of cysteine residues with maleimides, preventing the cysteines from forming disulfide bonds. As a reducing agent, TCEP has many other desirable features, including:
• TCEP-HCl is stable in air.
• TCEP-HCl is odorless so reactions can be carried out on the bench without the need for a fume hood.
• TCEP-HCl is efficient and can be used to reduce disulfide bonds at low concentrations.
• TCEP-HCl is selective for disulfides and does not react with other protein side chains.
• TCEP-HCl may be used as a substitute for DTT at a final concentration of 50mM.
Tris (2-Carboxyethyl) phosphine Hydrochloride
Molecular Biology Grade
Formula: C9H15O6P • HCl
MW: 286.65 g/mol
Storage/Handling: Store desiccated at -20°C.
PubChem Chemical ID: 2734570
- TCEP 50 g and 100 g ships as multiple 25 g units to qualify for a small quantity exception to hazardous
- Due to hazardous goods restrictions, this product cannot ship by ground shipping to Canada or Mexico.
|Storage/Handling||Store desiccated at -20°C.|