ProBlock™ Gold Protease Inhibitor Cocktail [100X]
Due to the optimized concentration of the various inhibitors, the ProBlock™ Gold shows excellent inhibition of protease activities and is therefore suitable for the protection of proteins during purification from animal tissues, plant tissues, yeast and bacteria. ProBlock™ Gold contains both irreversible and reversible protease inhibitors to inhibit serine, cysteine and other proteases. An separate bottle of EDTA is provided to inhibit metalloproteases.
Since some proteins require divalent cations like Ca2+, Mg2+ or Mn2+ for their biological activity, the presence of EDTA may be detrimental to the protein activity. Furthermore, if the protein of interest is purified using immobilized metal chelate affinity chromatography, EDTA must be removed from the buffer before the chromatography. The ProBlock™ Gold is therefore supplied with a separate, optional EDTA solution which may be added to the extraction buffer or lysate as needed.
ProBlock™ Gold at 1X concentration in extraction buffer at pH 7-8 inhibits over 90% of protease activities (e.g. Mouse Pancreas Extract, 0.5 mg/ml protein).
- Greater Range of Inhibition – 95%+
- Better than tablets – the ready-to-use, refrigerator-stable, 100X liquid format is more effective and easier to use than traditional tablet products; just pipette exactly the amount you need!
- No proprietary ingredients – formulation contains AEBSF, aprotinin, bestatin, E-64, leupeptin and pepstatin A, and PMSF
- Multiple package sizes
- EDTA-free formulation is perfect for isoelectric focusing
- Optional bottle of EDTA is included for optimized metalloprotease inhibition
Storage/Handling: Store at 4°C. When stored under the recommended conditions and handled correctly, these products should be stable for at least 1 year from the date of receipt.
|Store at 4°C.
Product Information - ProBlock™ Gold Protease Inhibitor Cocktail [100X]
Procedure for use, product information and storage conditions.
Radio Immunoprecipitation Assay (RIPA) Cell Lysate Preparation
Use of RIPA Buffer to prepare cell lysates for protein assays, protein purification and other downstream applications.