ProBlock™ Gold Extra Strength Protease Inhibitor Cocktail
GoldBio’s new ProBlock™ Gold Extra Strength Protease Inhibitor Cocktail is specifically formulated for the most demanding protein purification applications. The optimized concentrations of the various inhibitors in our Extra Strength cocktail deliver an enhanced dose of protease inhibition for the toughest research experiments. ProBlock™ Gold Extra Strength contains both irreversible and reversible protease inhibitors to inhibit serine, cysteine and other proteases.
Since some proteins require divalent cations like Ca2+, Mg2+ or Mn2+ for their biological activity, the presence of EDTA or 1,10-Phenanthroline may be detrimental to the protein activity. Furthermore, if the protein of interest is purified using immobilized metal chelate affinity chromatography, EDTA must be removed from the buffer before the chromatography. The ProBlock™ Gold Extra Strength is supplied with separate tubes of EDTA and 1,10-Phenanthroline monohydrate which are provided for the ideal inhibition of metalloproteases and may be added in the extraction buffer or lysate as needed.
ProBlock™ Gold Extra Strength has 50% more protease inhibitors than our ProBlock™ Gold Protease Inhibitor Cocktail and at 1X concentration in extraction buffer at pH 7-8 inhibits over 90% of protease activities (e.g. Mouse Pancreas Extract, 0.5 mg/ml protein).
- Greater Range of Inhibition – 95%+
- 50% more protease inhibitors!
- Maximum yield of proteins on first purification, saving time and energy
- No proprietary ingredients – formulation contains AEBSF, aprotinin, bestatin, E-64, leupeptin and pepstatin A, and PMSF
- Multiple package sizes
- Two popular formulations – regular formulation includes separate vials of EDTA and 1,10-Phenanthroline monohydrate solutions for optional metalloprotease inhibition; EDTA-free and 1,10-Phenanthroline-free formulations ensures compatibility with isoelectric focusing
Storage/Handling: Store at 4°C. When stored under the recommended conditions and handled correctly, these products should be stable for at least 1 year from the date of receipt.
|Storage/Handling||Store at 4°C.|